DOS Print Error
||Due to the ever-increasing compatibility problems with newer printers
and newer versions of Windows it is strongly recommended that you
upgrade to one of the Windows versions of The THERAPIST. Check out
the comparison page to
see what is the same and what is different. You can also download
a free evaluation of either The THERAPIST EZ
or The THERAPIST Pro or contact
customer service to free evaluation CD.
Error Message: "Error on disk LL during read"
This error sometimes occurs when printing from DOS programs
running on Windows 95/98. It appears because Windows is not handling DOS
print jobs correctly. The solution is to turn off "DOS print spooling"
in for the printer Windows.
To turn off spooling:
- Press the Start button. If you cannot find the Start button, look
for the "Windows" key on your keyboard. It has the Windows
logo on it. If you don't have a Windows key, either close or minimize
all your running programs. If you still can't see the Start button,
move your mouse to just below the bottom of the screen.
- Select Settings
- Select Printers
- Click once with the right mouse button
on your printer's icon.
- Select Properties from the popup menu.
- Select the tab called Details.
- Press the Port Settings button at bottom of the Details tab window.
- Uncheck the "Spool MS DOS Print Jobs" check box (click
once to remove the check mark).
- Press the OK button on this window.
- Close all the preceding windows.
NOTE: Use the left mouse button except
when selecting the printer icon.