Batch Statement Rules
The following rules determine whether to print a statement for a patient
and/or responsibility and which transactions to list.
- Patient Selection
- Skip if selecting tagged patients and patient is not tagged.
- Skip if selecting by provider and patient has a different provider.
- Service Selection
- Skip if after the ending date.
- Print if on or after the starting date.
- Print if there is a payer balance due or the statement options are
set to print open balance services.
- Payment Selection
- Skip is after the ending date.
- Print insurance payment if on or after the starting date and it is
from the correct payer or the payment includes anything applied what
this payer owed (See Note 1).
- Print patient payment if on or after the starting date and the statement
option is to print other payer payments (See Note 1).
- Other Transaction Selection
- Skip starting balances (included in a Previous Balance line).
- Skip individual interest transactions (included in lines for Previous
Interest and New Interest)
Note 1: A"patient payment" is
any non-insurance payment whether from the patient or a responsible party.
Because statements can be generated for each responsible party, a payer
refers to the patient or responsible party receiving the statement. When
the patient and all responsible parties are included in a single statement,
the payer can mean any or all of these.